Terms and Conditions
By making a booking at Børn of the Forest, you (the parent/carers of the children attending) / book a party at Børn of the Forest, you (the person making the booking) / book a school visit, you (the lead teacher making the booking) agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Events will operate in all weathers with the exception of conditions which may mean that safety is compromised.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel an event due to unsafe conditions or staff illness, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and offer you an alternative date or a code to rebook at your convenience. Parties and school bookings will be given the option for a refund.
- If you purchase an Explorer Pass you have 3 months to use the sessions and these are transferable up to 48 hours before your session. Single sessions are non-refundable and transferable at our discretion.
- If you choose to cancel your party booking, your deposit payment will be retained.
- Payment for sessions made via our website is required at the time of booking. Birthday party booking s will be subject to a £30 deposit then full payment is required at least a week before the party date. Schools will be invoiced after their workshop or a half term in advance for regular Forest School sessions.
- Please ensure that everyone attending is dressed appropriately for the weather in appropriate clothes and footwear that they don’t mind getting wet and muddy.
- Our events aim to give children and their families the time and space to connect with nature and with each other. Parents/carers/teachers are to remain present in body and mind and are responsible for their own children for the entirety of the session.
- Health and safety information will be recapped at the start of each event. It is then your responsibility to ensure that the child/ren in your care are adhering to these rules.
- The forest is a natural and ever-changing environment. Every effort is made to reduce risk and ensure the woodland and its contents are as safe as possible. However, the nature of the setting means that a degree of risk remains. It is your responsibility to support the child/ren in your care as they play and stay vigilant. If you see something of concern, please report it to Børn of the Forest staff.
- During Børn of the Forest sessions, participants will have access to a wide range of equipment, some of which may be dangerous if used incorrectly. A safety briefing and demonstration will be given before using this equipment and it is then your responsibility for ensuring that equipment is used properly by the child/ren in your care. Only use equipment that is appropriate for the age/stage of your child.
- We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property.
- We accept no responsibility for any injury sustained on our site or during our sessions.
- You are responsible for administering any medication any child/ren in your care may require.
- During some sessions we may provide food and/or drink for children. It is your responsibility to make us aware of any allergies or relevant medical conditions. Please note that we have a nut free policy in place.
- You ae responsible for ensuring all waste is taken away with you. You can compost any organic matter on site.
- We continue to follow the governments guidance in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic and aim to do all we can in limiting its spread. If we are placed into lockdown or restrictions are imposed which will impact your existing booking, we will offer you an alternative date when restrictions are lifted or a code to rebook at your convenience.
- If you are unable to attend a session because you have to self-isolate due to contracting Covid-19, please let us know and we will try to offer you an alternative date.
- If we have to cancel a session because of our staff having to isolate due to contracting Covid-19, we will offer you an alternative date or a code to rebook at your convenience.